24 Sep A SIMPLE Quiz
Applicable accounts: ‘Regular’ Account ‘Enterprise’ Account
Please note that FranchiZeTrainer comes with two different types of quiz:
1. Simple Quiz. This is an easy way to quickly create a quiz, but it is more limited in it’s options.
2. Advanced Quiz. This provides significantly more quiz options and better reporting. We advise in most instances that you use Advanced Quiz for your testing needs.
Note that an Advanced Quiz after it’s created needs to be ‘embedded’ in a Simple Quiz. So even if you only use Advanced Quizzes you will still have simple quizzes.
1. Go to Quizzes > Add New
2. Enter a quiz title.
3. Enter a Quiz description which will appear before the user starts taking the quiz.
4. Scroll to the Quizzes meta-box.
- Repeats – Enter repeat attempts allowed for the quiz.
- Certificate Threshold – Enter the percentage (between 0 and 1) that a user must obtain to get a certificate, i.e. “0.8?. If you do not want to award a certificate, set the threshold to “1.1?.
- Passing Percentage – Enter the score a user must obtain in order to pass the quiz and mark it complete.
- Associated Lesson – If the quiz is a “Lesson Quiz”, assign the quiz to the desired lesson. If not assigned, it will be a final quiz for the course.
- Associated Certificate – Select the certificate that a user can obtain after successfully meeting the Certificate Threshold.
- Advanced Quiz – Select an advanced quiz and it will be used in place of the simple quiz.
5. Select an associated course under Manage Course Associations.
6. Click Publish.
- If you used an Advanced Quiz, then no further action is needed.
- If you want to use a Simple Quiz, then continue.
Adding Simple Quiz Questions
Scroll down and you will now have the ability to add simple questions.
1. Enter a Quiz Name.
2. Main Copy – Brief description shown to user before taking quiz.
3. Result Copy – Enter the message to be shown after the quiz is taken.
4. Knowledge Levels – Enter the levels that a user can obtain after taking the course. This MUST be filled out.
5. Click Add Question
- Question – This is where the question goes.
- Correct Message Response – This is shown when the answer is correct.
- Incorrect Message Response – This is shown when the answer is incorrect.
- Answer – Enter the possible answer choices, click the ADD ANSWER button to add more fields
- Correct Answer – Select the correct answer(s) using the checkbox next to the correct selection(s).
Options for Quizzes
(the Quizzes > Options for Quizzes menu option)
The Options for Quizzes is only applicable for Simple Quizzes. The Advanced Quiz has its own options page that you configure for each quiz specifically. The settings put on this page become Global Settings.
Fields and Descriptions
- Start Button Text – The text that is displayed in the Start Button.
- Check Answer Text – The text that is displayed after an answer is selected.
- Next Question Text – The text that is displayed in the button clicked to move onto the next question.
- Back Button Text – The text that is displayed in the button used to move back a question.
- Your Score Text – The text that is displayed preceding the obtained score.
- Your Ranking Text – The text that is displayed preceding the earned ranking.
- Disable Quiz Message – The message that is displayed when a quiz is disabled.
- Missing Quiz Message – The message that is displayed when a quiz cannot be found.
- Knowledge Level 1-5 – The earned level/ranking names based on a user’s score.
- Select Certificate – The default certificate for each quiz; can be overridden.
- Correct Response Message – The message that is displayed when an answer is correct; can be overridden.
- Incorrect Response Message – The message that is displayed when an answer is incorrect; can be overridden.
- Random Sort Questions – Questions are randomly sorted when selected.
- Random Sort Answers – Answers per question are randomly sorted when selected.
- Disable Next – Removes the NEXT button.
- Disable Responses – Removes the correct/incorrect responses.
- Completion Responses – Removes the quiz completion responses.
1. Update Options – Saves changes.
2. Reset Options… – Resets options to default.
3. Export Quiz Data – Exports quiz related data to Microsoft Excel.