02 May Evaluating Franchisees During Field Visits
Applicable accounts: ‘Regular’ Account ‘Enterprise’ Account
Evaluating Franchisees During Field Visits
During a field visit, area or territory managers discuss the agenda items with franchisees. They also inspect the franchise store’s premises and rate the franchisee based on the evaluation items set up in FZM (see Setting Up the Field Visit Evaluation Form).
To Evaluate a Franchisee During a Field Visit
1. Search for the applicable field visit record of the franchisee you are visiting (see Searching for Scheduled Field Visits)
2. On the Field Visit window, click the Evaluation tab. The franchisee evaluation form is displayed under the tab.
Figure 18. The Evaluation Tab
3. Start rating the franchisee based on the items in the evaluation form. If the franchisee fails an item, click the Fail button on the right. This highlights the item in red and subtracts the points lost from the franchisee’s score.
Figure 19. Click the Fail Button
4. Once you have rated the franchisee based on the items, click Save.
To Add a Task to a Field Visit
During your discussion with the franchisee, you may need to agree on actions items to make the franchisee compliant with your standards. You need to add tasks to the field visit record to allow tracking of these action items to completion.
1. Under the Visit Details tab, go to the Tasks & Agreed Action Items section and click Add Task.
Figure 20. Click Add Task
2. On the Add Task window, perform the following:
A. Select the assigned resource.
B. Set the task priority, e.g. Low, Medium, or High.
C. Enter a start and due date.
D. Enter a name and description.
E. Add an attachment, if applicable, by clicking Select Files, looking for the file on your system, then clicking Open.
F. Click Create.
Figure 21. Set up the Task, then click Create
3. Under the Tasks & Agreed Action Items section, you should now see the task added to the list.
Figure 17. The Task is Added to the List
4. Repeat steps 1 and 2 until you’ve added all the agreed action items for the field visit.
To Add a Photo to a Field Visit Record
You can also add a photo to each evaluation item in the Field Visit record.
1. Under the Evaluation tab, click the Camera icon for the selected evaluation item.
2. On the Upload Photo window, click Select Files, look for the photo on your system, then click Open.
3. Click Upload to save the photo. On a tablet you will be prompted to select either the Camera or your picture Gallery. Once completed, you should see the uploaded photo under the item’s Photo column.
To Add a Comment to a Field Visit Record
You can also a comment to each evaluation item in the Field Visit record.
1. Under the Evaluation tab, click the Comment button for the selected evaluation item.
2. On the Comment window, enter your comment, then click Save. You should see the comment under the item’s Comment column.
To Add Franchisor Notes to a Field Visit Record
You can also add franchisor notes that are not visible to the franchisee in the Field Visit record. This is useful if you want to maintain confidential notes related to the field visit.
1. Click the Franchisor Notes tab.
2. Enter your notes, then click Save.
To Email the Field Visit Results to a Franchisee
You can email the field visit results to a franchisee at any time.
1. Open the Field Visit record.
2. Click the Email Note to Franchisee
3. On the confirmation message, click Yes.