25 Sep Support Tickets
Applicable accounts: ‘Regular’ Account ‘Enterprise’ Account
If you find something that isn’t working correctly, then you need to submit a ticket to the support email address.
Submitting clear and accurate support ticket assists the FZM Support Team in pinpointing the issue you have encountered, which can drastically reduce the time to resolution. The support team can address detailed, clearly-written tickets quicker and more efficiently than those which are unclear or lack the necessary information and detailed steps to reproduce the behaviour.
For a full understanding of how to write a good support ticket, please read through this entire article.
The most important thing to remember is: we must be able to replicate your error. For us to do this you need to write clear and detailed reproduction steps. If we can’t reproduce the problem you’re encountering it is very difficult to take action on the issue. Always tell us:
- who was logged in (we need to know the access level)
- what buttons were pressed/actions performed to result in the error
- what the error is i.e describe the error we should see
- what device they were using (desktop, Mac / PC, phone, iPad, Android tablet etc)
- probably what browser and browser version they were using
Here’s some more tips:
- Sending a screen shot in your initial ticket, showing the error is usually a great idea.
- If you’re not sure about the device/browser version etc, just visit http://supportdetails.com/ and send us a screen shot of that page
Write your report clearly so that anyone can sit down and reproduce your bug. Avoid using jargons or abbreviated words because the person reading the bug report may not know what you’re referring to. If you have difficulty following your own steps for reproducing an issue, chances are we’ll find it difficult too.
Test your issue report before submitting it. Do the steps to reproduce your issue result in the same error or issue every time? Did you forget to write down a step? Walking through an issue report before submitting it helps ensure that your report is accurate and complete and contains enough information for us to research the problem effectively.
Spending the necessary time up front to ensure that your support ticket is easy to read, and that all of the pertinent information is included, allows the FZM Support Team and developers to spend more time working on the issue and will help you avoid the frustration of having to backtrack in order to provide missing data.